Who we are
- The EQUANS ANZ head office is located at 171 Grange Road, Fairfield, Victoria 3078, Australia.
Our commitment to protecting your privacy
- EQUANS ANZ is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) (Privacy Act) and the requirements for collecting and managing personal information.
Types of information we may collect
- Personal information includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified or a reasonably identifiable individual.
- The type of personal information EQUANS ANZ collects may depend on the type of contact you have with us. This may include the following types of personal information:
- For Employees: types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former employees. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with employees. Health information is collected with the consent of the person concerned, from that person or by obtaining a medical assessment for that person.
- Contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts: types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts.
- Information technology data: information disclosed by personal users of EQUANS ANZ’s information technology systems (which are typical systems which store data) including EQUANS ANZ’s website at www.equans.com.au identifying the personal user in some way and collected in the ordinary course of the use of such systems by users. When a user visits the website a record of the user’s visit is made and the following types of information may be recorded:
- the user’s server address;
- the user’s top level domain level, (e.g., .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the date, time and duration of the user’s visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the details of the software used by the user to enable access to the site (their browser);
- the address of any website that linked the user directly to our site; and
- if the user emails us, the user’s email address and details of the software used to send the email and the path travelled by the email (as per all email messages).3 If the user provides information that can personally identify him or her it may be used by EQUANS ANZ for the purpose of providing any services the user has requested. Users of EQUANS ANZ’s information systems should be aware of the inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet generally.
- Like many other websites, “cookie” technology is used on EQUANS ANZ’s website. “Cookies” are small files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. The cookie does not obtain any personal information about users or provide us with any way to contact users, and the cookie does not extract any information from the user’s computer.
- Telephone conversation recordings: personal information contained in recordings of telephone conversations between representatives of EQUANS ANZ and representatives of businesses with which EQUANS ANZ may deal or trade, collected at the time of those telephone conversations. This information is principally collected because the terms of some commercial transactions EQUANS ANZ enter into become legally binding during telephone conversations between an EQUANS ANZ representative and a representative of EQUANS ANZ’s counterparty.
- Members of the public: personal information provided by members of the public collected for the purpose of sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations.
Purposes for which information is collected and held
- EQUANS ANZ collects and holds personal information for the purpose of conducting its business(es).
How information is held
- Information may be held on paper and electronically. Information is stored in data storage systems which permit lawful access by only those officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers of EQUANS ANZ who require access to the information to perform their functions. The information is destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer useful or it is unreliable and cannot be corrected (but not before the end of any period for which EQUANS ANZ has a statutory obligation to hold the information).
How we may use information
- EQUANS ANZ only uses these types of information for its business needs. These business needs include meeting statutory obligations, assessing compliance with law, policies and contracts of EQUANS ANZ, making payments and of course communicating with the individuals concerned. EQUANS ANZ may also use personal information collected from members of the public in sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations.
When we may disclose information
- Sharing information within EQUANS ANZ: Information, including health information, is shared between entities within EQUANS ANZ.
- Sharing information with others who assist us in providing services. The activities of EQUANS ANZ are achieved with the assistance of consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers. EQUANS ANZ may disclose personal information to these third parties in the course of the performance of their duties and subject to equivalent privacy commitments.
- Disclosures required by law or during emergencies. It is conceivable that in an extreme situation – e.g., in the case of a health or safety threat – personal information could be disclosed if that is otherwise permissible or required under any law.
Quality of information
- Personal information is not used or disclosed unless, relying on its internal practices, EQUANS ANZ is confident that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time we may ask an individual to verify that the personal information we hold about the individual is correct. Individuals should let us know if they discover that personal information we hold about them is incorrect, whether or not we have asked the individual to verify its accuracy.
Rights of access and correction
- EQUANS ANZ will allow an individual access to personal information about the individual except to the extent that it is entitled to deny access under privacy law. If you want access, please contact EQUANS ANZ’s privacy officer (see below). EQUANS ANZ will correct any such information which the individual establishes is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- What we do if we no longer require the information
- EQUANS ANZ will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information that it no longer needs for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed.
This policy may be updated
- If you would like further information, or if you have any comments or concerns, please contact EQUANS ANZ’s privacy officer:
Head of Legal
171 Grange Road
Fairfield VICTORIA 3078